Monday, September 28, 2009

splint personality



I received my first seven silver ring splints.They should help support my finger joints and keep the dislocations and pain to a minimum. They are indeed beautiful and feel nice too but a few of them don't exactly fit and the right thumb splint just can't seem to keep my thumb in place. So.... we'll be tweaking them and hopefully my aching joints will get some relief once I am able to wear them daily. I've been thinking about how to describe the pain in my fingers. The best comparison I can come up with is the same tenderness you might have the day after you jam your finger on a basketball. Each joint in every finger becomes sore and swollen in a similar way when I use them. Ice helps. Ice packs, ice in a cocktail,and I'm sure ice cream would help too!

No comments:

Post a Comment